Nīkau is the only indigenous palm tree in New Zealand (named by NZ Māori) and is greatly admired for its strength and beauty. Translated from Maori the name means „no nuts“, most probably because the Maori were disappointed not to find any coconuts. The fronds from the palm were traditionally used for thatching and weaving. The design came after David took a walk into a secluded section of New Zealand bush. Nīkau fits perfectly for the corner of a room, a foyer space, or a stairwell. In 2015, Nīkau won a Red Dot Design Award for lighting design.
- Shipped in environmentally friendly kitset packaging
- Easy assembly at home via PDF or online video
- One size
- 12 standard colour options (custom colours on request)
- Comes with suspension wires, cord and bulb holder (CableCup ceiling rose on request)
- Intended for dry interior spaces.