Cloud lights were first launched in 2008 as part of the Spiral Islands installation of matching lights and settees. This was inspired by the clouds that David saw sitting over small islands all over the Pacific Ocean, which were used by Polynesian navigators to find islands from afar. The Cloud lights were made with frosted plastic but were later discontinued due to the negative environmental impact of the material. Cloud has now been given a second chance through a new material. The new version is made almost entirely of bamboo plywood applied in the same strips or rings. This allows light to shine through while offering a similar visual lightness as the former translucent plastic version.
- Shipped in environmentally friendly kitset packaging
- Easy assembly at home via PDF or online video
- Available in two sizes
- 12 standard colour options (custom colours on request)
- Comes with suspension wires, cord and bulb holder (CableCup ceiling rose on request)
- Intended for dry interior spaces.